[Marxism] Martin Luther King, Vietnam and Imperialist Privilege

Calvin Broadbent calvinbroadbent at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 5 06:22:03 MDT 2005

"We have no honorable intentions in Vietnam. Our minimal expectation is to
occupy it as an American colony and maintain social stability for our
investments. This tells why American helicopters are being used against
guerrillas in Colombia and Peru. Increasingly the role our nation has taken
is the role of those who refuse to give up the privileges and pleasures that
come from the immense profits of overseas investment."

— Martin Luther King, Jr.
"A Time to Break the Silence"
speech given at Riverside Church
New York City