[Marxism] Marxism and education seminar

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Aug 8 11:28:44 MDT 2005

MARXISM AND EDUCATION: RENEWING DIALOGUES VII

Education and Alliances for Social Change

A DAY SEMINAR
Wednesday 26th October 2005
9.30 - 5.00, Room TBA
School of Education Foundations & Policy Studies
University of London
INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION
20 Bedford Way, London WC1

9.30 - 10.00:
Registration

10.00 - 10.30:
Introduction and Announcements
Tony Green (University of London, Institute of Education) and
Glenn Rikowski (Northampton University)

10.30 - 11.00:
Jon Berry (University of Hertfordshire) Challenging Orthodoxy - Can Schools
Break Free From Prescription?

11.00 - 11.30:
Paul Feldman (Co-author of A World To Win) Out of the Shadows: The Theory
and Practice of State and Revolution

11.30 - 12.00: BREAK

12.00 - 12.30:
Jean Spence (Durham University) Marxism and Community-based Educational Issues

12.30 - 1.00:
Richard Hatcher (University of Central England) and Ken Jones (Keele
University) Campaigning against Academies

1.00 - 2.30: LUNCH

2.30 - 3.00:
Martin Allen (Alperton Community School) School Teachers and Wider
Educational Alliances - Limits and Possibilities

3.00 - 3.30:
Alasdair Smith (University of London, Institute of Education) From Defence
to Attack: How do we get a 'good local school' for all our children?
Fighting for a comprehensive education for the 21st Century

3.30 - 3.45: BREAK

3.45 - 5.00: PLENARY - Open Discussion

The Seminar is free, but places are limited
To reserve a place, please contact Glenn Rikowski at:
<http://uk.f264.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=Rikowskigr@aol.com>Rikowskigr at aol.com

Please circulate