[Marxism] Marxism archives from the Mesozoic age

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Aug 11 13:58:36 MDT 2005

I should have mentioned that if you go up one level from Malgosia's Spoons
Collective history, you will find yourself at:

http://www.driftline.org/

This is an archive of all the Marxism lists that preceded this one. When I
read stuff from 1996, I am reminded of those evolutionary charts that show
ape morphing into homo sapiens. Here's an example of what this list would
soon read like if I didn't have my hands tightly wrapped around the tiller.

<http://www.driftline.org/cgi-bin/archive/archive_msg.cgi?file=spoon-archives/marxism.archive/marxism_1996/96-10-marxism/96-10-02.235&msgnum=4&start=158&end=360>

After the fall of the Soviet Union the Mandelites, the neo Stalinists, the
left wing reformists are trying to create a new "Unity" Internationally on
a program whichis partially taken from any spontaneous movement on the left
that develops or various cleaned up reformist and neo-Stalinist projects
and trying to build Unity in the framework of a combination of all this.
The "Unity" list at Jefferson Village is and expression of this new fake
left unity project going on Internationally.There we all can agree to
disagree as long as we keep our table manners and endlessly discuss the
importance of this new found fake unity of left reformists, neo-Stalinists,
and fake trotskyist liquidators! This is the common denominator of this group.

The only thing that they really agree on unanimously is to do everything
they can to bureacratically exclude,ban and expell any serious left
opposition and have special rules for the revolutionary Trotskyist
opposition! This opposition they fear because if the opposition was allowed
to discuss politics on the "Unity list" the 9 and 1/2ers would run for
cover. They have no answers to the communist revolutionaries that defend
the left opposition and founding documents of the Fourth International
which they destroyed! And the liquidators are cheered on by the reformists
and neo-Stalinists because the new "unity" they are talking about is to
their advantage and on their rotten political programs that have been
responsible for so many defeats of the working class in the last decades.

Now these fakes want to cover their rotten line in a furry of discussion
around "Unity". Unity on the same god damned stuff that has failed time and
again! The Trotskyist opposition to these bankrupt politics and
bureaucratic methods of bans,exclusions, and expulsion need to be seen in
the light of the rightward moving liquidaters to make this rotten block The
struggle has raised important questions and serious people will be watching
this continuing struggle both from the inside and the outside.

Now the struggle around the unity list will enter a new phase. With the
reorganisation of the lists at Jefferson village the following will take
place.Those that are on the outside will be posting to Usnet occasionally
in order to struggle against the Unity list and its plans of building a 9
and 1/2 International. As well others will be taking up the struggle being
fought from the inside of those that oppose this unity project from the
left. So the struggle will continue and take on a new form and hopefully
drawing more people into this battle in the struggle to forge a new
communist International!

Because in the final analisis it is not who is banned or who is allowed in
which will decide the outcome of the struggle. Because this struggle is not
only going on at Jefferson Village or Internet but around the real world
outside of cyberspace Internationally. The struggle is between those who
want to struggle for Trotskyism based on the history of the Bolshevik party
and the Left Opposition, but also the Transitional Program written by
Trotsky. It is the struggle of those who stand and struggle for a
Trotskyist International based on these documents against allof those who
have no program or a program that has failed miserably.

Against the reformists, neo-Stalinists and fake Trotskyist liquidators.

Against the 9 and1/2 fake "unity.

Forward to a Trotskyist Communist International.

Based on Trotsky's left opposition and the Transitional Program.

Warm Regards Bob Malecki

--

www.marxmail.org