[Marxism] Re: Cuba and state capitalism

Brian Shannon Brian_Shannon at verizon.net
Thu Aug 11 16:55:40 MDT 2005

 >Incidentally someone told me the title of Leon Trotsky's book
"Revolution Betrayed" should have been translated as
"Revolution Deformed."

Over 30 years ago, I saw that the original French translation from the
Russian was "Revolution Deformed" or, if my French is correct: "La
Révolution Déformé".

So I googled various versions of this and came up with nothing, but I
did find "La Révolution trahie" which is "betrayed."

So it appears that the French have republished this with the criticized
English title. Tracking that down might tell us something about the
"Trotskyist School of Falsification." (I once copyedited and prepared
the index for Pathfinder Press's "Stalinist School of Falsification.")

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Brian Shannon