[Marxism] Re: Cuba and State Capitalism

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Thu Aug 11 19:57:11 MDT 2005

Brian mentions a French edition titled La Revolution Deforme (accent on
e).  I remember another called La Revolution Disfigure (accent on e).

Of course the real question is what Trotsky thought the title should be.
He seems to have had no objection to any of them that I know of,
including The Revolution Betrayed.

There seems to be no problem with any of the titles from his point of
view, but problems are traditional in English translations: Lenin's:
Imperialism: The Highest Stage of Capitalism was actually Imperialism:
the latest stage of capitalism, which is politically different.  And
then there was Trotsky's Terrorism and Communism, which became
Dictatorship vs. Democracy (with dictatorship being the good guy!)
Fred Feldman