[Marxism] Lou's Excellent Essay on The Battle of Algiers

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Aug 12 18:54:24 MDT 2005

Finally, Lou's long-awaited essay on The Battle of Algiers is up at
<http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/proyect120805.html>.  It's an
excellent essay, and it's no wonder -- Lou read more than 2,000 pages
of various sources for this!  A big fan of Gillo Pontecorvo myself, I
spent quite a bit of time finding film stills to go with the article
-- the page is looking very beautiful, and I pat my own back.  I
commissioned him to do a review of Patrick Bond's new work, so look
forward to that, too.

Next to come among Marxmail subscribers is an essay by Jon Flanders,
on the timely subject of what left labor activists can do -- and are
beginning to do -- in view of the recent development in organized labor.

Yoshie Furuhashi
<http://montages.blogspot.com>
<http://monthlyreview.org>
<http://mrzine.org>
* Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/mahmoud-
ahmadinejads-face.html>;  <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/chvez-
congratulates-ahmadinejad.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/
2005/06/iranian-working-class-rejects.html>