[Marxism] Le Monde Diplomatique - China

Paddy Apling e.c.apling at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 13 05:43:03 MDT 2005

At 22:14 12/08/2005, gdunkel at mindspring.com
  wrote:
>I do believe that Le Monde Diplomatique is a
>montly, at least its French edition is.

Absolutely correct; weekly was a slip of the "pen" - or fingers!
Incidentally, I note that this moth (August
issue) there are some quite major differences
between the English and French editions - the
French edition has a very interesting article on
the RAF sinking of several liners in the Baltic,
off Lübeck, which the SS had filled with
thousands of concentration camp prisoners - and
which they were planning to scuttle with all on
board to hie their atrocities.  (Can't quote the
numbers dead and survived - some were picked up
and saved by German fishermen - because my
grandson, who brought the French edition over
from France, has gone elsewhere for a few days
and taken the paper with him. - if anybody wants
further details I can consult the paper again
when he returns in a couple of weeks)

It suggests that the news of the SS intention was
told to the British authorities by the Swedish
Red Cross - but transmission of the info to the
RAF command was "blocked".  The Rpyal; Air Force
papers are held secret for 100 years, so will not
be available until 2045 - by, which time, off
course, all of the survivors will be dead....

Other articles interesting articles shared by
both language editions are by John Berger and
Howard Zinn - as well as an excellent leading article by the editor.

This is surely a paper that list-members should read....

Thanks for the correction to my earlier message.

Paddy
http://apling.freeservers.com