[Marxism] Re: Previous outburst of German "leftist" support for Zionis

Lueko Willms l.willms at jpberlin.de
Sun Aug 14 01:44:00 MDT 2005

.    On  11.08.05
  wrote  anna_fierling at yahoo.com (Anna Fierling)
     on  /ALIST/MARXMAIL
     in  20050811173806.56097.qmail at web90002.mail.scd.yahoo.com
  about  Re: [Marxism] Previous outburst of German "leftist" support for Zionis

AF> inflating the role of Haj Amin al-Husseini, the prominent
AF> Palestinian political and religious leader (chairman of the
AF> Supreme Muslim Council and the mufti of Jerusalem) in the
AF> extermination of the Jews. In 1937, a year after the outbreak of
AF> the Arab Revolt, the British tried to arrest Husseini, among other
AF> Arab rebels, in the hope of quelling the uprising. Husseini
AF> escaped to Fascist Italy and then to Germany, where he offered his
AF> services to Hitler.

   It should be noted, that this was not the first time that leaders
of the Arab East fell into the trap of the fallacious notion that "the
enemy of my enemy is my friend".

   The Zionist colonization project was helped by the illusions the
Arab leaders had in the first World War, when they fought with the
British empire to defeat the Ottoman empire which ruled over Arabia,
and obviously really believed that the British colonialist would help
establish an independent and unified Arabia. The contrary happened and
the British colonialist not only divided the Arab East up into several
separate colonies, but they -- themselves antisemites -- sought the
loyalty of the Zionist colonizers with their vague promise of "a
national home for the Jewish people", using them as a colonial
auxiliary just as they had successfully used the settlers in Northern
Ireland.

AF> Since then, however, "the mufti" has become one of the major
AF> assets of pro-Israel propaganda.

   Where one has to consider that Zionism is in itself the embodyment
of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Zionism is the explicit
rejection of the fight against Antisemitism, no fight against the
discrimination suffered from the powers-that-be, but evading it and
becoming rulers themselves. Not looking for the oppressed, down-
trodden and exploited masses of the colonies as allies, but elevating
themselves to the status of a colonial master and seeking allies in
the oppressors, isolating themselves from the only real allies in the
fight against antisemitism.

   And the idea of a safe haven for jews by establishing a "jewish
state", with a government of jews, from jews and for jews, is an
obvious failure: nowhere in the world jews are killed for being jews
except in the areas occupied by the Zionist settler state.

AF> The argument was and is as follows: The
AF> Arabs do not accept the establishment of a Jewish state in Palestine,
AF> therefore they are anti-Semites who want to annihilate all the Jews
AF> and to accomplish the Nazi program--the best example being the
AF> mufti's alliance with Nazi Germany.

   One of the loudest voices of this "anti-German" current and
frequent contributor to the Netnews ("USENET"); Martin Blumentritt,
pointed out, that the Zionist settlers had initially been greeted by
Arab leaders. Only the introduction of amtisemitic propaganda material
did have, according to this fantasy, such an influence that the
attitude of the native Arabs to the Zionist settlers changed. Not the
expulsion of Arab peasants from the land bought from absent feudal
landlords, not the exclusion of Arabs from the settler's industries,
not the boycott of Arab stores, not the collaboration of the zionist
settlers with the British colonial masters, no, only strange
literature with crude ideas would have changed the attitude.

   So far for today.

Yours,

"Ohne Pressefreiheit, Vereins- und Versammlungsrecht ist keine
Arbeiterbewegung möglich"        - Friedrich Engels      (Februar 1865)