[Marxism] Man fires shots in air in threat to Sheehan's protest

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Mon Aug 15 05:43:23 MDT 2005

Will we soon see articles portraying the Bush neighbors, who I suspect
are not exactly the wretched of the earth, as typical voices of the
"real" "What's the matter with Kansas" America -- the "America" the
"peace movement" has "failed to reach" and the Democrats MUST WIN BACK!

The previous items I posted on Sheehan were from the current GI Special
(ThomasFBarton at earthlink.net).
Fred

Breaking: Shots Fired At Cindy Sheehan's Camp Casey!

10:15 a.m.
SHOTS FIRED!

Deborah Mathews reporting for The Iconoclast.

Camp Casey is becoming very organized, with how-to signs placed about.
Ann Wright said, "That's what we are trying to do."

Let me read you the schedule posted on a tree: "9:15 camp meeting; 10
a.m. inter-faith service, 10:30 a.m., "Food-Not-Bombs Breakfast at Peace
House," and....

"Wait! Someone is firing a gun. (pause). He fired it into the air about
five times. He appears to be a local inside the fence line on private
property. Now he has thrown what looks like a shotgun into the front
seat of a pickup, and he's stomping off out of sight. I wonder where he
went.

"Now he's coming back out. I'm out here standing on the road. He's got a
no parking sign in his hand, walking toward his fence. I'm going to go
try to talk to him. I've got to hang up."

(three minutes later)

I went over and talked to the man. He is Larry Mattlage, who says he is
on his property and just posted a no-parking sign.

"We're going to start doing our war and it's going to be underneath the
law," he told me. "Whatever it takes. So y'all go find another place to
do whatever you do. 'Cause this is our front yard and back yard."

I asked, "Do you mean the protestors?"

Wait.....now there's some Secret Service and cops. I'm going to get
closer to hear what they're saying. People in bullet-proof vests are
here now. Two Secret Service agents are now walking up his driveway
towards his house, with Mr. Mattlage. A member of the Sheriff's
Department has arrived. Mr. Mattlage is waving his arms now. All of them
are now walking back this way.

Now they are between the lane and the house. He's at the fence now. Let
me record what they are saying. I'll call right back.

Editor's Note: Permission is granted to reprint the information and
photographs appearing in this feature about Cindy Sheehan's visit to
Crawford and activities at The Peace House. Attribution would be
appreciated. Recordings, if any, may also be reproduced, with credit. -
W. Leon Smith, publisher, The Lone Star Iconoclast

http://198.65.14.85/News/2005/31-40/32news21.htm