[Marxism] Swans release: August 15, 2005 (Schoenman)

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Mon Aug 15 06:38:14 MDT 2005

Worth noting that the description of Schoenman as Ruseell's "greasy
eminence" also suggests that Schoenman is Jewish.  The image of Jews as
"greasy" -- they tended on the average to be darker and more
Mediterranean looking than your average "fair" Brit -- as a strong part
of the upper class British stereotype of Jews, more so than here.  I am
pretty sure I recall such references in Dickens and Eliot, and  also by
political opponents re Disraeli.

I know the author of the review is probably Jewish, or of Jewish
descent.

Just a cultural note.

Fred