[Marxism] IWW and anti-imperialism

Calvin Broadbent calvinbroadbent at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 16 04:40:37 MDT 2005

Sakai does not, I think, make assumptions. Did the fact that a few Cherokees
owned slaves entail the Cherokees' occupying the upper echelons of the
slaveocracy? Obviously not. Some Africans sold slaves (although the ethnic
origin of some of these 'African' slave traders is controversial). Does that
mean that the slave trade was a joint 'black-white' effort in 'racial' terms
(Carroll Cox's pertinent points withstanding)? Of course not. It is no great
surprise that some black civil rights leaders oppose immigration. Lots of
middle class leaders oppose immigration. The fact that black Americans, or
even American indians, may have racist attitudes does not negate the fact
that America's racial order has always historically benefited white people
over and above any other 'racial' group.

As for the white working class being essential to American revolution- I
don't disagree. Meltdown will need to occur before that *ever* happens.

over and out.