[Marxism] Cindy Sheehan on the Palestinian issue

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Aug 16 13:17:51 MDT 2005

(From Anderson Cooper show last night on CNN.)

COOPER: You were also quoted as saying, "My son joined the Army to protect
America, not Israel. You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of
Palestine and you'll stop the terrorism." How responsible do you believe
Israel is for the amount of terrorism in the world?

SHEEHAN: I didn't say that.

COOPER: You didn't say that? OK.

SHEEHAN: I didn't -- I didn't say -- I didn't say that my son died for
Israel. I've never said that. I saw somebody wrote that and it wasn't my
words. Those aren't even words that I would say.

I do believe that the Palestinian issue is a hot issue that needs to be
solved and it needs to be more fair and equitable but I never said my son
died for Israel.

--

www.marxmail.org