[Marxism] Re: Cindy Sheehan on the Palestine issue

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Tue Aug 16 18:40:33 MDT 2005

Good for Cindy for catching the importance of that misquote.  Of course,
in dying  for the rulers in Washington and Wall Street while believing
he was acting for his country, her son did die to defend Israel and
other instruments of US domination -- but that is a different matter
than what was presented by the media.
Fred Feldman

>From Anderson Cooper show last night on CNN.)

COOPER: You were also quoted as saying, "My son joined the Army to
protect
America, not Israel. You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of
Palestine and you'll stop the terrorism." How responsible do you believe

Israel is for the amount of terrorism in the world?

SHEEHAN: I didn't say that.

COOPER: You didn't say that? OK.

SHEEHAN: I didn't -- I didn't say -- I didn't say that my son died for
Israel. I've never said that. I saw somebody wrote that and it wasn't my

words. Those aren't even words that I would say.

I do believe that the Palestinian issue is a hot issue that needs to be
solved and it needs to be more fair and equitable but I never said my
son
died for Israel.