[Marxism] Mike Ferner's Article on Cindy Sheehan and the Right Wing Interest in It

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Aug 16 23:30:14 MDT 2005

One of the main reasons I'm keenly interested in what exactly Cindy
Sheehan said about Israel is that Mike Ferner's article on Cindy
Sheehan, which I (as well as CounterPunch, Electronic Iraq, etc.)
published (at <http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/ferner090805.html>),
is attracting a good deal of right-wing interest (lots of referrals
from Roger Simon, Red State, etc.).  If Sheehan didn't say what Mike
quotes her saying, a note of correction is in order.  If she really
did say it, it isn't (and I'd advise her that honesty is the best
policy, especially since what she said is defensible and hardly
different from what lots of liberals, leftists, and libertarians have
been saying, though the Neo-Con/PNAC angle isn't what I think is the
most important angle in understanding US Middle-East policy.
Besides, Israel is the emperor's new clothes, and making a taboo
topic out of it does us no good).

Yoshie Furuhashi
<http://montages.blogspot.com>
<http://monthlyreview.org>
<http://mrzine.org>
* Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/mahmoud-
ahmadinejads-face.html>;  <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/chvez-
congratulates-ahmadinejad.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/
2005/06/iranian-working-class-rejects.html>