[Marxism] John Holloway-Alex Callinicos debate

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Aug 17 12:42:46 MDT 2005

Calvin Broadbent asks:
>Er, wasn't Stalin the product of  a mass movement that seized the
>state and radically altered its character?...

This is the first time I have ever seen the Stalinist bureaucratic
caste, which seized the state created by the "October Revolution"
and radically altered its character, and against which Lenin and
Trotsky fought so bravely and unsuccessfully, described as a "mass
movement."

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...It consents and does not
consent to be called
Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos