[Marxism] Re: Cindy Sheehan quote (response to Yoshie)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Aug 17 18:45:59 MDT 2005

Eli posted:

> Yoshie writes:
>
> "unless  someone can prove to me that the email attributed to her
> is a hoax"
>
> This is from Sheehan's blog at Huffington Post:
>
> <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/archive/cindy-sheehan/camp-
> casey-day-11_5813.html>
>
> Another "big deal" today was the lie that I had said that Casey
> died for Israel. I never said that, I never wrote that. I had
> supposedly said it in a  letter that I wrote to Ted Koppel's
> producer in March. I wrote the letter  because I was upset at the
> way Ted treated me when I appeared at a Nightline  Town Hall
> meeting in January right after the inauguration. I felt that Ted
> had totally disrespected me. I wrote the letter to Ted Bettag and
> cc'd a  copy to the person who gave me Ted's address. I believe he
> changed the email  and sent it out to capitalize on my new found
> notoriety by promoting his own  agenda. Enough about that.

So, Cindy Sheehan did write and send the email message attributed to
her and she did say, "My son joined the Army to protect America, not
Israel," one of the statements at stake in Anderson Cooper's
question.  In that case, it's all the more important for her to come
up with a better response than "[T]those are not my words. Those
aren't -- that doesn't even sound like me saying that" (<http://
transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0508/15/acd.01.htm>), the next time
the Big Media ask her the same question as Anderson's.  The US-Israel
relation being what it is, as you say, I doubt that the issue will go
away and cannot be dealt with by changing questions.

Yoshie Furuhashi
<http://montages.blogspot.com>
<http://monthlyreview.org>
<http://mrzine.org>
* Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/mahmoud-
ahmadinejads-face.html>;  <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/chvez-
congratulates-ahmadinejad.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/
2005/06/iranian-working-class-rejects.html>