[Marxism] Problem of Blind Support

Jacob Levich jlevich at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 18 19:45:48 MDT 2005

Cheerleading is also a bore and a waste of time. In my working life and
while organizing I put up with far too many gaseous lectures and
pronunciamentos; it depresses me to encounter even more of it here.

Yoshie's queries are legitimate, interesting, and important. Precisely
because Cindy Sheehan has become the overnight icon of the antiwar movement
it's important that we get a good sense of what she believes and how she
operates, not to mention who may be influencing her and to what end.

To my mind, Yoshie's observations and evidence are cause for real suspicion
that Cindy may be listening to the wrong people -- Democratic spinmeisters,
to be precise -- and that as a result she'll end up watering down her
message and tripping over her own inconsistencies.

Jake