[Marxism] Bosses were never fired in Argentina

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Fri Aug 19 10:10:12 MDT 2005

> Fire the Boss! !Echan los Patrones! (español abajo)
>
> Recuperated Factory Workers and Unemployed Worker
> Movements in Argentina come to share experiences
> with workers in North America.
>
> From November 6 to the 18th, 2005 members of
> Argentina's Recuperated Factories Movement and
> Unemployed Workers' Movement (piqueteros) will
> tour North America speaking with local unions,
> independent workers' organizations, day laborers,
> community organizations, and students. Workers
> from Argentina and North America will share their
> experiences on the shop floor, in their
> communities, and in the streets. We hope to

I hope the good willed organizers of this encounter succeed and all,
Argentinean organizers and American hosts, have a good time together.

However, there is something that should be clear.

The Argentinean movement of Recovered Plants (and similars: the
movement is already split in two due to our pervasive sectarism, a
sign of the weakness of the general forces of our people) has never
kicked a single boss away.

What they did was to simply take on their bosses when the bosses left
production and/or the country.  There was no expropiatory move
involved.  Now, there is resistence against some owners who want to
return, but this is quite different from firing a boss from her or
his own plant.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar

Aparicio Saravia