[Marxism] Re: Teachers in Australia Attacked for Anti-US Bias!

g.maclennan at qut.edu.au g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Mon Aug 22 11:58:05 MDT 2005

I always bow to Tom's analysis of the Australian working
class.  He is able to escape my tendency to think in
existentialist terms and he puts the blame on structural
factors such as the role of the union bureaucracy.

The present conjuncture is a serious one though in terms of
the survival of the bureaucracy.  They could be taken out
and that is why they are contemplating opposing the Federal
governments plans.

But of course they will do too little and it will be too
late.

Todate they are priding themselves on having launched a
successful advertising campaisgn against the government.
Class struggle has gone virtual and it suits the union
bureaucy because they never wanted to be anything other than
virtual leaders.

regards

Gary