[Marxism] Upcoming

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Aug 24 06:58:46 MDT 2005

Dear Friends- Two most important items.  - David Sole

1. RALLY WED. 7 PM, AUGUST 24 AT CAMP CASEY DETROIT!  BE THERE!!!
    The Detroit delegation to Crawford, Texas returned (exhausted) Monday
after camping out at Camp Casey along with hundreds of other military
families and others opposed to the war.  Andrea from Detroit spoke as the
mother of a GI who had spent over a year in the Iraq war.
This was broadcast over Democracy Now.  It was so inspiring that we decided
on the way back not to go home but to set up Camp Casey Detroit at Grand
Circus Park (Woodward and Adams St).  We drove directly from Crawford and
put our tents out at Grand Circus Park at 1:30 PM Monday and have been
camped out there since then 24/7.  Police made us take down the tents but we
have tables, lawn chairs, sleeping bags, food and water.  Channel 2 gave us
great coverage Monday night.
    People have been coming by donating food.  A mother of a soldier in Iraq
brought water and ice.  People are coming for an hour, a few hours or
overnight.  TO CONTINUE WE NEED MORE BODIES.  Cindy Sheehan has started
something that has touched the nation.  The right wing has gone nuts
denouncing her (and us) but the public is solidly opposed to the war
(today's poll says 57%).  This is one of those historic moments that we need
to put every shoulder to the wheel and make a breakthrough.
Come to Camp Casey Detroit.
    We still need money to pay for the Crawford trip.  Donations can be sent
to MECAWI, 5922 Second Ave., Detroit 48202.

2. EMERGENCY: STOP THE TEXAS EXECUTION OF
                           FRANCES NEWTON
                          ON SEPTEMBER 14!

 FRANCES IS THE FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMAN
  SCHEDULED TO BE EXECUTED BY TEXAS IN MODERN
                                  HISTORY.

         NEW EVIDENCE AFFIRMS HER INNOCENCE.

Please join the online campaign to STOP THE EXECUTION OF FRANCES NEWTON!
She
is scheduled to be executed by the state of Texas on September 14.
YOUR EMERGENCY ACTION IS NEEDED NOW!
Send emails to Texas Governor Rick Perry, Attorney General Greg Abbott,
President Bush, Congressional leaders and Senators and Representatives from
Texas and the Texas State Legislature, the Mayor of Houston and Houston City
Councilors, The Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles, U.N. Secy General Kofi
Anan and your senators and representative, DEMANDING that Frances' execution
be stopped IMMEDIATELY!

Go to
http://www.iacenter.org/francesnewtoncampaign.shtml
for the following letter to be sent in your name:

Sample Text (you will be able to edit it on the website):
Governor Perry, Attorney General Abbott, President Bush, Senators and
Representatives, Houston Mayor White, Houston City Councilors, and Texas
Board of Pardons and Paroles:

On September 14, 2005, Frances Newton, AN INNOCENT WOMAN, is scheduled to be
executed by the state of Texas. If the jury had known the facts that are
presently known, they would not have found Frances guilty nor given her the
death sentence.
The dubious motive,
unrealistic timeline, the police's refusal to follow important leads, and
most of all, her incompetent counsel, all point to the compelling evidence
that proves Frances Newton is innocent. She has been on death row for 18
years, and you have already granted her a 120- day stay. But on the basis of
new evidence, Frances needs to finally have her day in court. We plead to
you in good conscience to STOP THE EXECUTION OF FRANCES NEWTON.

Sincerely,

-------

For more information and to order DVD's of Frances or postcards to the Texas
Governor, go to http://www.freefrances.org

                                       -------

              STOP THE EXECUTION OF FRANCES NEWTON CAMPAIGN
                              International Action Center
                            39 West 14th Street, Room 206
                                New York, NY 10011
                                  1-212-633-6646