[Marxism] Pat Robertson calls for the assassination of Hugo Chavez -2 untouched aspects.

M. Junaid Alam alam1 at lefthook.org
Wed Aug 24 11:50:41 MDT 2005

There are 2 untouched aspects of Robertson's statement. One is that he
calls Chavez a dictator. I see few corrections of this
mischaracterization in the press reports of his statement. In addition
to calling Chavez a communist he also labels him a harbinger of
Islamism. Maybe the guy is just throwing all the reactionary boogeymen
words he can think of but it makes him sound quite stupid.

The other thing is this: a major religious leader calling for the death
of a major political/social leader. Ring any bells? If some radical
Muslim cleric did this, it would be a "fatwa" and every pundit and
official would be denouncing him and pontificating on the backwardness
of Islam, etc. But not a soul thinks the same when a radical Christian
does it I can guarantee you that.

 From my vantage point, looking at incidents such as these, combined
with the five-star melodrama of the Gaza pullout, the hypocrisy is just
staggering. We truly live in a new global apartheid. The least murderous
(in terms of numbers killed and injured) of religious fundamentalisms,
Islamism, is amplified into the most murderous fundamentalism by the
legerdemain of the two *real* most murderous fundamentalisms, Zionism
and Evangelism, whose  success in skewing the truth is due to their very
ability to murder and terrorize and threaten more people than the lesser
fundamentalism.

Simply remarkable.