[Marxism] Sugar and Overproduction

Joaquín Bustelo jbustelo at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 28 10:00:09 MDT 2005

rrubinelli: "The WTO ruling came in response to a case filed by
Australia, Thailand, and Brazil, challenging the EU subsidies.  (No
Fred, Walter, I am not bringing this up just to show how Lula has
'betrayed' the people)."

The EU subsidy program for sugar, and the parallel U.S. price
supports/quotas, have destroyed the sugar industry in the Spanish
speaking Caribbean. Lula could hardly have "betrayed" by opposing this
imperialist program.

The effect of the European CAP is to screw the third world.

If Lula is fighting it, I'm already liking him better again.

Joaquín