[Marxism] Bolivarian Revolution A Marxist Revolution or dead end tactic?

Josh Saxe joshsaxe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 00:10:12 MDT 2005

"In Nicaragua, the mixed economy meant a united front against imperialism."

What are you basing this off of?  Have you read the history of how the
"progressive" Nicaraguan bourgeoisie dismantled the private sector of
the economy there all throughout the 1980's to stab the revolution in
the back and destroy the economy?  In fact, and I'm not asking this
rhetorically, I would be interested to hear of examples (and evidence
to back them up) of the "national bourgeoisie" supporting
revolutionary processes in any of the important movements in Latin
America in the past 50 years.  It's easy to blame any and all reaction
in Latin America on the hand of U.S. imperialism but the indigenous
social structures of these countries need to be taken seriously -
imperialism certainly has a real base among sections of all Latin
American societies which gives it its ability to rule.

Josh