[Marxism] Finkelstein's Beyond Chutzpah

Ian Pace ian at ianpace.com
Mon Aug 29 05:52:40 MDT 2005

I just received my copy of Norman Finkelstein's new book - 'Beyond Chutzpah: On the Misuse of Anti-Semitism and the Abuse of History', which has finally appeared after protracted wranglings that delayed its release. For those who don't know about it, much of the book is a comprehensive refutation of Alan Dershowitz's Zionist propaganda tract 'The Case for Israel', as well as dealing with the politicisation of 'anti-semitism' for the purposes of Israeli propaganda in recent decades. I'm about half-way through at the moment, and will post at more length about the work when I've finished - for now I'd *highly* recommend it to all subscribers to this list. It's a monumental work, meticulously researched, and horrifying in its expose both of systematic murder, torture and other abuse of Palestinians at the behest of the Israeli state, and also the sophisticated web of fradulent misinformation and blatant lies at the hands of the Zionist state's apologists.

Solidarity,
Ian