[Marxism] FILM: New Japanese DVD: "Fallujah 2004"

Ralph Johansen michele at maui.net
Mon Aug 29 16:43:44 MDT 2005

Dahr Jamail's Iraq Dispatches http://dahrjamailiraq.com

New on DVD: Falluja 2004

A film by Japanese independent journalist Toshikuni Doi

Falluja April 2004 A documentary by Japanese independent journalist
Toshikuni Doi

<http://www.progressiveportal.org/store/>

Fallujah has become a symbol of the resistance movement against the U.S.
occupation of Iraq. In April 2004, the U.S. forces invaded Fallujah with
several thousand soldiers. Why did Fallujah become a base of the
resistance against the occupation? How did the U.S. forces attack? Who
fought against them? And what damages and injuries did people suffer?
Ten days after the siege of Falluja was lifted, Toshikuni Doi, a
Japanese independent journalist, went into Fallujah. His documentary
investigates the causes of, the conditions during, and damages from the
siege. The documentary is primarily in Arabic, with English subtitles.
DVD, 55 minutes.

Toshikuni Doi is a Japanese journalist who has been covering Iraq since
just after the U.S. invasion.

ORDER ONLINE AT: http://www.progressiveportal.org/store/

"For a well documented, powerful film of what really occurred in
Fallujah during the April, 2004 siege, this is a must see. The film
begins by investigating why the resistance began in Fallujah shortly
after the Anglo-American invasion of Iraq. The film then accurately
chronicles what occurred in Fallujah during the failed April siege. I
couldn't recommend this more highly. To get a more complete
understanding of the failed occupation of Iraq, watch this film and
encourage others to do the same./" -Dahr Jamail

In addition, here is a petitition against a film being made about
Fallujah in Hollywood which I encourage you to sign and distribute far
and wide:

To:  Patricia McQueeney, Mr Ford's agent

Harrison Ford has announced that he wishes to play the role of the
general in charge of the assault and seige of Fallujah, in an upcoming
movie to be entitled No True Glory. This action resulted in the
destruction of a whole city and the loss of many thousand innocent
lives, and caused over 300,000 people to become homeless, while the
insurgent Iraqis mostly slipped away, to attack again from elsewhere. We
do not trust Hollywood to show the abuses of the US forces, who broke
Geneva Conventions and denied civilians hospitals, water, food, opening
fire on ambulances and denying the press coverage. We do not believe the
military to have been innocent pawns of flawed government, and do not
wish Mr Ford to play General Mattis, and we vote against the making of
this film. We ask the studios to examine history before they rewrite it.
We ask Mr Ford to read up on the truth. "And the truth shall set us free."

_http://petitiononline.com/b7qrlb5/petition.html__

(c)2004, 2005 Dahr Jamail.

All images and text are protected by United States and international copyright law. If you would like to reprint Dahr's Dispatches on the web, you need to include this copyright notice and a prominent link to the DahrJamailIraq.com website. Any other use of images and text including, but not limited to, reproduction, use on another website, copying and printing requires the permission of Dahr Jamail. Of course, feel free to forward Dahr's dispatches via email.