[Marxism] FW: queries

James Zarichny zarichny at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 22:21:26 MDT 2005

http://www.marxists.org/history/usa/unions/tuel/1923/0900-tuel-dailyworkerad.pdf
The above is a url for an advertisement for the
initial stock sale of the Daily Worker in 1923.  The
stock was sold by
 Daily Worker Publishing Company, Inc.
 799 Broadway, New York, N.Y.
   I don't know the subsequent history, but I do know
that after World War II, ownership of the Daily Worker
was transferred to a group made up excluisively of
descendents of prominent Americans.  The only name I
recollect is Pennypacker.  She was the daughter or
grand daughter of Mr. Pennypacker, a famous governor
of Pennsylvania.
    Jim