[Marxism] Why do Marxists hold their tounges: Redux

Douglas MacDonald dmacdonald94591 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 12:38:59 MDT 2005

It has been said that truth is the first casualty of war. No truer words have been said.  Daily, we are subjected to false stories (remember the WMD ‘s?), embedded journalism and propaganda from governments that justify the war on Iraq, and their never ending “war on terrorism.”    Little room is available in the media and even in the peace movement to counter the presumptions of the State in this new permanent war.

The bombings in London are used as justification to restrict civil liberties in both the U.S and Britain.  In fact, immediately after the bombings, Congress renewed the Patriot Act.  British intelligence recently murdered Jean Charles de Menezes, an electrician, under a newly minted “shoot to kill” policy. Why?

Moreover, on Monday August 8th, the Washington Post reported the Pentagon has developed plans for extensive operations within the continental United States, in which terrorist attacks would be used as justification for imposing martial law on cities, regions or the entire country. Do you remember the Pentagon directive, as reported by the Los Angeles Times on October 27, 2002, creating the “Preemptive, Proactive Operations Group” in which elite military units will foment terrorist incidents in order to “flush them out”?  These stories underscore the true nature of the supposed “terrorist” incidents as false flag operations.

Wikpedia defines false flag operations as:

“operations conducted by governments, corporations, or other organizations, which are designed to appear as if they are being carried out by other entities. The name is derived from the military concept of flying false colors; that is, flying the flag of another country other than your own. This was considered acceptable provided one lowered the false flag and raised the national flag before engaging in battle.”

As long as activists and good intentioned citizens do not try and understand the machinations of state power and its misrepresentations in pivotal political events like 911, the London bombings, and the Kennedy and King assassinations, we are doomed.  For how are we to end a war created by a system that we will not even recognize as corrupt and rotten to the core?
The facts to verify the state authorship of all of these events is plainly apparent and expounded upon in hundreds of books, articles and movies and is largely understood by millions of Americans.  CNN even ran a story on the Memphis jury verdict that found local and state politicians and the FBI and military intelligence guilty of Kings execution.

There is truly a material basis composed of facts and evidence that exposes the hand of the government in many of the seminal political killings and “incidents “of the past 40 years.  The willful refusal, especially by those in the peace movement, to weigh and measure such evidence will enslave us to the governments anti-democratic polices forever, unless we rise above their masquerade.

These accusations are not without merit and go to the heart of describing state power.  We can no longer brush off and ignore the machinations by which power is wielded through foreign and domestic intelligence operations that build support for draconian policies.  The manipulation of phony terrorist incidents, like 911 and the London bombings is used to justify wars of aggression because the economy requires it. In order to maximize such aggressive measures both abroad and at home martial law plans have been prepared.

As concerned citizens we must be very cautious about our governments increasing clamoring to clamp down on dissent.  The US has had plans since the 1980's going back to Ollie North under REX 84 to suspend the constitution and declare a state of emergency if we were to have invaded Central America.  The military manual "Operations other than war" also carefully outlines the targeting and suppression of dissent by the military if/when "conditions" require it.

For over 20 years members and former members of the US government have been role playing the Armageddon Plan, whereby an unelected government assumes power in "emergency" situations, circumventing entirely our constitutional framework.  Now the Pentagon is ready to assume policing authority and implement martial law when a "terrorist" incident strikes.
The threat of martial law is very real. The peace movement’s dismissal of the self-proclaimed threats by the leaders of the ruling class for such policy is self-deluding.  This is not to say that it is for certain going to be implemented.  But the threat is far greater than most care to believe.

The calls and preparations for martial law largely come from the fact that the economy is overly reliant on military and arms production and has little remaining productive capacity outside this arena.  The economy is a shell of its former self even when compared to what it was a mere 10 years ago. Under the auspices of “free trade” the WTO, NAFTA, CAFTA, etc, billions of dollars in manufacturing have been closed and or shipped over seas.  We have no real productive capacity remaining other than arms/military industry.  Profits have fallen and are only supported through the paper shuffling of finance capital, pure speculation and gambling.  This is reflected in the staggering fleecing of stockholders and pensioners by companies like Enron, Worldcom et al.   Therefore creating a permanent war can be seen as the best and only hope for the US in the eyes of the current rulers.

As a result of the new demands of the full time war economy and the rapidly deteriorating social conditions for the overwhelming multitudes (school closures, low wage jobs, increased incarceration, non-existent health care, etc.) police-state tactics become required in order to enforce unpopular policy.  The policy of war and repression then supports conditions for the continuation of the military economy while guaranteeing the stifling of dissent.

Text after text, announcement after announcement state, unequivocally that the Pentagon is prepared to step in at a moments notice and assume civilian control including implementing martial law during a "terrorist" event.  The staging of phony events and the creation of false enemies and the eroding of civil liberties and whipping up of nationalism is how power is wielded in today's politics.   To simply call for supporting greens and the peace movement while blithely ignoring the very real threats of fascist policy supported by both corporate parties is simply irresponsible.

The highest stage of capitalism is imperialism and to do it right, martial law may well be introduced.  They have the plans and mark my words......martial law is not simply an idle threat.