[Marxism] FW: Blacklist of NYU TAs

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Fri Dec 2 07:47:37 MST 2005

This circulated on the labor historians' list.  The officials at NYU are
apparently moving towards the blacklisting of striking graduate
assistants.  If this happens at NYU, we can just imagine what it will
mean for people in places where faculties are not themselves unionized
or where they've voted down resolutions favorable to free speech, etc.

The VILLAGE VOICE story on this is at
http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0546,robbins,70018,5.html.

Andrew Lee's suggestion to drop NYU President John E. Sexton a note on
this and to copy the union on it.  Sexton's email is
john.sexton at nyu.edu.

ML