[Marxism] TWLU Local 100: return to work

Louis R Godena louisgodena at ids.net
Thu Dec 22 18:43:03 MST 2005

From: "Jon Flanders" <jonflanders at jflan.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 8:31 PM

> I don't think this is a defeat like that of the grocery workers. They
> were out on strike for weeks, without the power to shut everything down
> that the Transit Workers have.

I think both sides gave some on the issue of retirement age.  I don't see it
as a big defeat, either, though it is (predictably) being reported that way,
particularly on the cable news shows.    There is a palpable sense of relief
all around and, as Lenin said, every struggle is a plus in some sense.

Louis Godena