[Marxism] GI Special: Traveling Soldier Needs Some Help

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Sun Feb 6 11:50:36 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas F Barton [mailto:ThomasFBarton at earthlink.net]
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2005 12:45 PM
To: Thomas B
Subject: GI Special: Traveling Soldier Needs Some Help

GI Special:
thomasfbarton at earthlink.net
2.7.05

Traveling Soldier Needs Some Help

[Traveling Soldier is GI Specials sister publication, mailed out to
places email can't reach, or isn't safe, like bases in various parts of
the world, including Iraq.  And unlike stuff on the web, you can hold it
in your hand, refer back to it, and pass it on to a brother or sister in
the service.  For organizing inside the armed forces, it's far more
important in that way than GI Special can ever be.  T]

Dear Traveling Soldier readers,

In our year and a half history, Traveling Soldier has never asked its
readers for money. But now we have to.

The computer that had all of Traveling Soldier's files - pictures, old
issues, and most importantly our mailing list - crashed.  We have to pay
a repair man to fix it, and if it cannot be fixed, we have to buy a Zip
drive, salvage the information, and buy a brand new computer.

All of this costs money.  And nobody who works on Traveling Soldier has
got more than working class jobs to cover expenses.

Please send whatever you can spare to our address: Traveling Soldier,
c/o Thomas Barton, 2565 Broadway, #281, New York, New York 10025.

Checks should be made out to Pham Binh, who leads the production staff.

Pound, Euro, Dollar, Yen, Real, Peso etc. paper money or gold also
cheerfully accepted.  No pre-occupation dinar notes, please!  We already
got wallpaper.

A report on what came in and from where, and how the money was spent,
with receipts, will be published in GI Special, without names listed to
protect your privacy.

 <http://www.traveling-soldier.org/> http://www.traveling-soldier.org/

What Good Does Traveling Soldier Do?
Why Give A Damn Dime?