[Marxism] Narcotics stats

steve heeren tzsche at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 8 12:35:56 MST 2005

i tend to agree with carrol. exercise as some kind of panacea is far too
simplistic, not to mention the problem of the _self-fulfilling prophecy_
involved here, since we are all told ad nauseam about all its benefits.
very american -- keep busy and DON'T think about things. However, one
american, mark twain, had it right: "any mummery will cure."

steve heeren

p.s. i play very competitive and vigorous badminton twice a week, but
what i like about it is the special thrill i get in demolishing my
opponent - the exercise component is peripheral. ;-)

The weight of this sad time we must obey.
Speak what you feel, not what you ought to say.

                        Shakespeare (King Lear)