[Marxism] Re: XXXXX Bashfest 2005

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Wed Feb 9 12:56:17 MST 2005

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 12:28, Lueko Willms wrote:

> I have somewhere on my To-Do-List the plan of a CGI application
> which is to send mail to a fixed address

i am having second thoughts about this.

issues:

o would we be sending mail thru Lou's server, for example? since he hosts the
100 latest list on columbia.edu he may not want to use the Columbia servers.

o the the alternative is to send via local SMTP. which means, when a reader
clicks on, say, the "Reply to this post" link, we open their emailer and
force the Subject line to be same as the post being replied to. last time i
played with this, sending Subject lines to emailers didnt work 100%. is this
all better nowadays?

o on the other hand, we could implement something nice on Hans' server, since
we could conceivably connect right to Mailman on the Lists machine. i would
need to talk this over with Hans.

raise your hands comrades if you are thirsting for a __real__ web interface to
marxmail -- even though Les thinks better alternatives exist  ;-)

les schaffer