[Marxism] Re: Anne Moody and John Salter

Hunter Gray hunterbadbear at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 23 16:31:05 MST 2005

Thanks very much for sending this, Louis.  Here is a link from our
Hunterbear website that provides two pages of pictures and text for the
sit-in. http://www.hunterbear.org/Woolworth%20Sitin%20Jackson.htm  We did
indeed sit there for three turbulent hours.  Pearlena Lewis died a few years
ago and Memphis Norman passed just last month.  Joan [Trumpauer] Mulholland
organized a nice memorial for Memphis at DC, to which I sent a tribute.
Anne Moody drops out of sight for a long time, then surfaces, and has, in
the past, spent several months with and around us.  Lois Chaffee and Joan
are both on the Bear Without Borders list.  For several years now, the
Jackson Chamber of Commerce and the Tourist Bureau have had a well organized
Civil Rights Tour in the capital city.  Woolworth has been torn down but
there is some sort of marker in its place.  The Tour also takes in an old
office on Lynch Street where Medgar Evers and I regularly wrote and
organized the copy for the trail blazing  Mississippi Free Press which often
had to be printed in Memphis, then smuggled into the Magnolia State.
Another country, another time -- but, as Al Maund [from Alabama] used to
say, "The same system."

Best, H

HUNTER GRAY  [HUNTER BEAR]   Micmac /St. Francis Abenaki/St. Regis Mohawk
www.hunterbear.org
Protected by Na´shdo´i´ba´i´
and Ohkwari'

remembering way. [Hunter Bear]

As I often say, It's critical to always keep fighting -- and to
always remember that, if one lives with grace, he/she should be prepared to
die with grace.