[Marxism] What the hell happened in Fallujah?

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 5 22:07:14 MST 2005

I think this is related to what I wrote about the other day - a
demonstration of "thousands" in Fallujah, which is written about on Juan
Cole's blog (I think from watching Arab media), and which I claim went
across the "crawl" on CNN, but about which not a word was written and there
is no reference online anyhere.

Both, I think, stem from the same source - there are no Western reporters in
Fallujah because the American armed forces are keeping them out (with the
exception of a few "embeds" who were with the troops during the "most
active" phase of the operation). So we can see all sorts of aerial photos of
the devastation in Aceh, for example, but exactly zero of the devastation in
Fallujah.

Eli Stephens
  Left I on the News
  http://lefti.blogspot.com