[Marxism] Did Saddam earn "credit" by sponsoring resistance to US occupation?

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Mon Jan 10 09:12:58 MST 2005

Respuesta a: [Marxism] Did Saddam earn "credit" by sponsoring
Remitido por: Fred Feldman
Fecha: Lunes 10 de Enero de 2005
Hora: 0:25
*****

> I strongly hesitate to give positive credit to the
> rotten, butchering tyrant Saddam.  Certainly we do not want to appear
> before the US populace as defenders of Saddam.

But this is _precisely_ what an US revolutionary (BTW,
revolutionaries, I insist, don't speak of "populace", they simply
make part of the people) should do:  "Even Saddam is worse than our
troops there.  We have nothing to do in Iraq, unless we want to
accept that we are colonialists and criminals."

Last time I checked, it was Saddam Hussein, not "the US populace",
who was facing a kangaroo court, led by the administrative committee
of the American imperialist bourgeoisie (that is, US government).

And this does not mean I do endorse or reject Saddam.  What I am
saying is that the first duty of a truly imperialist American citizen
is to reject any political movement that may smell of intervention in
the foreign issues of a Third World country.  Sometimes, good
politics means to keep silent and face unsavory rejections.  It is
not a personal matter, it is social classes as such that direct such
reactions.  Such is -societal- life.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar

Buenos Aires, 1822