[Marxism] Establishment Progs Probe For Upcoming Chicago Mayoral Elections

Alex Briscoe obeynow20001 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 24 12:27:33 MDT 2005

Alex Briscoe <obeynow20001 at yahoo.com> wrote:To: obeynow20001 at yahoo.com
From: Alex Briscoe <obeynow20001 at yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 09:16:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [GreenAllianceCookCounty] Establishment Progs Probe For Upcoming Chicago Mayoral Elections

Whether to support a Dem in the Chicago Mayoral Election will be a real question for some Greens in Chicago.  I will work to try to see that Greens in Chicago remain independent of the Party of repression and hypocrisy, even if their representative has some liberal sheen, is African-American, etc.  Greens For Democracy and Independence and the Green Alliance USA exists to assert and act on these principles.

In the longer term, I would hope that labor representatives and Left Liberals break from the Dems and join the Greens, start an independent Labor Party, etc.  Perhaps, if the Greens can survive Dem Party attacks, as we grow and elect officials, Left Dems will defect to us and become principled, independent Greens.

I'm happy to see opposition from representatives of labor and the African American community oppose the Dem machine's reactionary actions in Chicago, but we need more of an independent movement from below among these communities to really begin to address human rights in Chicago.

Yours,

Alex Briscoe

FYI
Saturday, July 30th
Come Hear Chicago Federation of Labor President Dennis Gannon and
Congressman
Jesse Jackson, Jr. speak on:

BUILDING A NEW VISION FOR CHICAGO!
SATURDAY, JULY 30
10 am - 12 Noon
Chicago Temple
77 W. Washington

IT¹S TIME FOR OUR ALDERMEN & OUR MAYOR TO ACT FOR THE PEOPLE!

Scandal continues in Chicago and folks across the city are fired up for
change! The mayor and city council are:

* Militarizing our schools
* Replacing living wage jobs with Wal-Mart
* Threatening cuts to the CTA
* Wasting millions on scandals

Hundreds of Chicagoans Are Coming Together to Reclaim Our Neighborhoods
& Our Schools!

Join us on Saturday July 30th!

Sponsored by American Friends Service Committee (AFSC), ACORN, Brighton
Park Neighborhood Council, Chicago Coalition for the Homeless, Chicago Labor
for Peace, Prosperity and Justice (CLPPJ), Illinois Coalition for Immigrant
and Refugee Rights, Illinois Hunger Coalition, Metro Seniors in Action, and
SEIU Local 73 and 880.

***************************
***************************

http://www.ilgp.org
http://www.thegreenalliance.org
http://www.greens4democracy.net
http://www.democracyrising.us
http://www.labornotes.org
http://www.solidarity-us.org
http://www.internationalviewpoint.org
http://www.marxsite.com
http://mail.yahoo.com

Cook county Green Bachelor party Bachelorette party Green supreme Green tea