[Marxism] Analysis Sought

Calvin Broadbent calvinbroadbent at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 10:48:46 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm not sure if these suggestions would be much use to you, but for what
it's worth:

1. Ralph Miliband- Capitalist Democracy in Britain.
2. Bob Jessop- The Capitalist State.
3. Bob Jessop- Traditionalism, Conservatism and British Political Culture.
4. Andre Gunder Frank- Crisis in the World Economy
5. RCG Publication- The Revolutionary Road to Communism in Britain
http://www.rcgfrfi.easynet.co.uk/larkin_pubs/older/rrcb/

These books are pretty old, but you might find some useful insights and
findings nonetheless. Incidentally, so far as I am aware, the only
revolutionary sectors/movements in British society that the RCG identifies
are the unemployed, the black working class, and the Irish independence
movement, though I could be wrong.

cheers.

DoC WROTE:

>A chairde,

>I was just wondering if somebody knew of an up-to-date socio-political
>analysis of British society with specific reference to the British State
>and potentially revolutionary segments/classes.

>Also, if anyone comes up with a source, I would be particularly grateful if
>others who have criticisms could make them openly as a discussion on
>potentialities and the real situation would be very useful to me and, I'm
>sure, others.

>Le meas,

DoC.