[Marxism] tech note for verizon subscribers

Carlos A. Rivera cerejota at optonline.net
Wed Mar 2 11:29:27 MST 2005

The same problem has plagued AOL, Earthlink and other major ISPs. Right now,
anti-spam blocking is a huge part of the marketing efforts in all major
ISPs, and this is causing management to put un due pressure into IS
departments, who are deploying anti-spam configurations that block a lot of
useful email.

With AOL, there is also another theory.

450 SMTP errors from AOL are so common, anti-AOL people are bouncing AOL
emails with a customized 4XX error that says something like "Due to AOL lack
of nettiquette, this domain refuses all email from AOL. Please use another
service for your email."

Since the bulk of internet users in the USA use AOL, many of us suspect that
AOL is using its near monopoly power to conciously make it harder to connect
to people in other domains, under the cover of "anti-spam" measures.

Hence, not communicating with AOL is a form of virtual strike.

sks