[Marxism] Imperialist storm troopers kill Italian spook, wound released journalist

Joaquín Bustelo jbustelo at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 4 14:37:11 MST 2005

[Undoubtedly all the apologies and explanations will be out soon. More to
the point is to note that this reflects the attitude of the American storm
troopers towards *everyone* in Iraq, on the undoubtedly sound basis that
just about everyone there is Iraqi and just about all Iraqis hate the United
States, and for very good reasons.

[I feel sorry for the woman reporter, not just because she is a communist,
but as for her intelligence agency guard, I think it's a case of chickens
coming home to roost. And I agree with Malcolm X on that one.]

March 4, 2005
U.S. Forces Fired on Car Carrying Freed Italian Hostage in Iraq
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 3:11 p.m. ET

ROME (AP) -- A freed Italian hostage was injured and an Italian intelligence
officer killed Friday after a U.S. armored vehicle fired on a car in which
they were riding in Iraq, Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said.

Berlusconi, an ally of the United States who has kept troops in Iraq despite
public opposition at home, said he has asked the U.S. ambassador for an
explanation.

"Given that the fire came from an American source I called in the American
ambassador," Berlusconi told reporters. "I believe we must have an
explanation for such a serious incident, for which someone must take the
responsibility."

The shooting occurred Friday at a roadblock near the airport. Berlusconi
confirmed that the former Italian hostage, journalist Giuliana Sgrena, was
injured by shrapnel. She was taken to a U.S. military hospital by U.S.
troops, where she had a minor operation on her left shoulder to remove a
piece of shrapnel, he said.

Bryan Whitman, a Pentagon spokesman, said a shooting incident occurred as
the Italian woman was being brought into U.S. military control at Camp
Victory, the U.S. military base near Baghdad International Airport.

He offered no other details, including whether anyone was killed or who did
the shooting.