[Marxism] America No. 1?

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Sat Mar 5 10:17:54 MST 2005

Joaquín Bustelo wrote:

>"I like to think of it as an exploration, ya know, ya don't know what ya
>might find out on an exploration... like, do the stars still twinkle when
>you get outside the atmosphere, or if they are just a steady light"

hmmm, maybe he's been staring at the Hubble photographs for too long. my
understanding is that if you focus visual attention on a bright spot, it
can appear to move (psycho-kinetic effect or some such).

there are other varieties of scintillation besides those due to
atmospheric turbulence. but they are on quite different time and spatial
scales than we are used to here on earth. perhaps this is what he was

for example, interstellar scintillation:

http://www.jive.nl/science/iss.html
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/news/newsletter/oct02/page1.html

les schaffer