[Marxism] America No. 1?

Rod Holt rholt at planeteria.net
Sat Mar 5 12:40:20 MST 2005

The major cause of human perception of twinkle is that the image of a
really, really small light source is focused to such a small spot on the
retina--just a few rods & cones--that as the eyeball  moves ever so
little, the rods & cones turn on and off, as they should. If one has bad
eyes, the focus is poor, and the effect is lost. City lights at a
distance will also "twinkle" for this reason unless atmoshpheric
conditions (various disturbances to the index of refraction, etc.)
prevent sharp focus.
       rod