[Marxism] America No. 1? (Edward Crawford); & Cyrilliac vs latin (J.Laine)

David Walters dwalters at marxists.org
Sun Mar 6 13:47:24 MST 2005

FYI: All of the quotes referenced by Hari are on the V.I.Lenin Internet
Archive (all volumes up through volume 39 are on line now):

Volume 19:
1. Liberals & Democrats on the Lnaguage Question:

http://marx.org/archive/lenin/works/1913/sep/07.htm

Volume 20:
1. LIBERALS AND DEMOCRATS ON THE LANGUAGE QUESTION at:

http://marx.org/archive/lenin/works/1913/crnq/1.htm

2. Is a Compulsory Official Language Needed?

http://marx.org/archive/lenin/works/1914/jan/18.htm

Normally I distain polemics-by-quotation, but this is a fascinating
subject with lessons for today.

I learned that Lenin was *for* the Russian tongue as the "national
language" but opposes any form of coercion that would force the "great
and mighty Russian language" down anyone's throat.

David Walters