[Marxism] March 19th protest update

Midhurst14 at aol.com Midhurst14 at aol.com
Mon Mar 7 21:05:07 MST 2005

millyjim at freeuk.com writes:

Original  Message -----
From: "Simone La Corbinière, Our World Our  Say"
<info at ourworldoursay.org> To:  <david at ccprojectuk.fsnet.co.uk> Sent:
Monday, February 28, 2005 12:36  AM Subject: US reportedly plans to
attack Iran in  June

Dear  David Walker

How would you feel if you voted  in the general election and then found
Britain supporting a US attack on  Iran this summer? Alarming news has
come through that George Bush has  reportedly signed off plans to
attack Iran in June this year. There have  also been rumblings about
attacking Syria.

I'm asking you to help  Our World Our Say (OWOS) raise £10,000 to
place
large adverts this week  pressing all the party leaders to give
unequivocal pledges that they will  not support a US-led attack on Iran
- or Syria. This email is being sent  late Sunday night so you receive
it on Monday morning.  We were  offered advertising space last thing on
Friday night - and need donations  by 5pm on Monday to ensure we can
pay for that space.

Will you help  us now to make this a central issue of the UK election
campaign by going to  www.owos.info/make_a_donation/donate.php?

Scott Ritter, a leading UN  Weapons Inspector, who played a key role in
tearing apart the arguments  about Iraq's supposed WMDs, is behind
this
revelation.

I know  you will find his report of specific US plans to attack Iran
this June  alarming. But with action now we can make this a key issue
in the  election.

It seems inconceivable that Tony Blair wouldn't know of such  plans.
It is said that he committed Britain to war a year before Iraq  was
attacked.

Perhaps it's because of Iran that Tony Blair wants to  get the
elections out of the way before June?

By making an urgent  donation now you will enable us to place adverts
giving millions of British  people the opportunity to ask all the party
leaders: 'Will you give an  unequivocal pledge that you will not join
or support an attack on Iran or  Syria?'

Our problem though is that we need to secure this money to  place our
first advertisement by 5pm on Monday.

Action now is  crucial.

Condoleezza Rice says that an attack on Iran is "not on the  agenda at
this point."

But there's an an eerie similarity to the  events preceding the Iraq
war, when the US administration and the British  government repeatedly
insisted they had no plans to attack Iraq.

We  all remember how Tony Blair ignored the concerns of millions of
British  people when he joined with the US to attack Iraq.  This time,
however,  our concerns may be harder to ignore.  With a general
election looming  MPs will be focusing on getting re-elected - and will
be very concerned  about what voters are saying.

That is why Our World Our Say urgently  needs your help now to place
these adverts.

We must seize the  initiative - the views of the British people may
have been ignored before  the attack on Iraq, but this time, with the
election looming, we have a  real chance to put Tony Blair, Michael
Howard or whoever is elected in a  position where they can't say 'Yes'
to George Bush.

Everything  possible must be done to stop British involvement in an
attack on Iran -  and to help build the worldwide movement to show
George Bush that no one is  going to sanction further attacks.

So please make a donation now  at
www.owos.info/make_a_donation/donate.php, and help us place  large
adverts putting this issue centre stage. £20, £50, £100, whatever  you
can manage would be great towards the £10,000 we must secure.
Someone
must speak up, and we will - but only with your  backing.

Thank you for all your help, it is greatly appreciated.  Together we
can make a great impact. Please respond by our 5pm Monday  deadline
ensure we can book the advert space.

All the very  best

Simone La Corbinière - for the OWOS team.

"And finally,  this notion that the United States is getting ready to
attack Iran is  simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options
are on the table.  (Laughter)." George W Bush, 22nd February 2005

To view the full details  of Scott Ritter's revelations go  here:
http://www.ufppc.org/content/view/2295/2/

If you have recently  unsubscribed from the Our World Our Say list your
details will be removed  shortly.

To check and amend your contact details, please go  to:
http://www.owos.info/frmCheck.php?cd=112372&key=58715

To  unsubscribe yourself from the OWOS mailing list, please go  to:
http://www.owos.info/cancel.php?cd=112372&key=58715

--

--