[Marxism] Quelch ps

Philip Ferguson philip.ferguson at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Mar 8 15:01:59 MST 2005

I should have added that *unfortunately* Lenin wrote a glowing obit to
Quelch only two years later in which Quelch's national chauvinism is not
mentioned at all.  Lenin was a pretty straight-up guy and didn't usually
skirt stuff just because people died.  In Quelch's case, I think Lenin
made a mistake.  His obit should have included a more rounded view of
Quelch's politics, especially his national-chauvinism, more so because
WW1 was looming and the case of Quelch would have been useful in terms
of trying to inoculate a younger generation.

Phil