[Marxism] the politics of paranoia

steve heeren tzsche at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 10 11:03:45 MST 2005

yoshie:

i don't know what your academic background is, but i think you are wrong
about this. "recovered memory" (not repressed memory), with some REMOTE
connections to psychoanalysis,  was more or less a creation of the new
"feminist" therapies of the 1970's, most of them decidedly not Freudian,
and, for many of them, the main enemy was men, as fathers, lovers,
potential rapists, etc. I really defy you to show me a "liberal feminist
psychoanalyst" who propagated this "recovered memory" crap. I think Ofra
Bikel did an eyeopening documentary on this 10-12 years ago.

steve heeren