[Marxism] Saddam capture a LIE...Hussein Fought back....

davidquarter at sympatico.ca davidquarter at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 10 20:22:36 MST 2005

http://www.wokr13.tv/news/national/story.aspx?content_id=422B960A-26BA-4891-
9E60-21C8818788D4

Ex-Marine Says Public Version of Saddam Capture Fiction
United Press International
A former U.S. Marine who participated in capturing ousted Iraqi President Saddam
Hussein said the public version of his capture was fabricated.
Ex-Sgt. Nadim Abou Rabeh, of Lebanese descent, was quoted in the Saudi daily al-
Medina Wednesday as saying Saddam was actually captured Friday, Dec. 12,
2003, and not the day after, as announced by the U.S. Army.
"I was among the 20-man unit, including eight of Arab descent, who searched for
Saddam for three days in the area of Dour near Tikrit, and we found him in a
modest home in a small village and not in a hole as announced," Abou Rabeh said.
"We captured him after fierce resistance during which a Marine of Sudanese origin
was killed," he said.
He said Saddam himself fired at them with a gun from the window of a room on the
second floor. Then they shouted at him in Arabic: "You have to surrender. ... There
is no point in resisting."
"Later on, a military production team fabricated the film of Saddam's capture in a
hole, which was in fact a deserted well," Abou Rabeh said.
Abou Rabeh was interviewed in Lebanon.

                    Photo Copyright Getty Images
               © YellowBrix, Inc. Copyright 1997-2005