[Marxism] Re: Thoughts on The New World Disorder - MiddleEast

Clinton Fernandes cfer at deakin.edu.au
Fri Mar 11 17:55:41 MST 2005

Gore Vidal made a related point in late 2003:

GORE VIDAL: Well, I'm sure he says that, but what he will do is a different thing. I think he's got himself in pretty deep and I don't think he's worked out enough of an exit to get out of it because they are going to go into Syria.

MONICA ATTARD: You believe that?

GORE VIDAL: I know that, and also Iran has been marked too. I hope it isn't going to happen, I hope that the American people will wake up and stop the junta.

MONICA ATTARD: How do you know that they're going to go into Syria or Iran? Why do you say you know that?

GORE VIDAL: I have connections in Washington and I know that this is a decision that has been made. Things do go wrong and things don't happen.

Full: http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2003/s1015685.htm