[Marxism] Fw: Ex-Marine Says Public Version of Saddam Capture Fiction

Raymond Chase r_chase at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 13 10:32:10 MST 2005

Earl wrote:
'PR b.s. vs. the truth. It's all in the spin. Now it comes out, over a year
later. Their media plays ball. We need our own.'
--------
Published on Thursday, March 10, 2005 by United Press International

Ex-Marine Says Public Version of Saddam Capture Fiction

A former U.S. Marine who participated in capturing ousted Iraqi President
Saddam Hussein said the public version of his capture was fabricated.

Ex-Sgt. Nadim Abou Rabeh, of Lebanese descent, was quoted in the Saudi daily
al-Medina Wednesday as saying Saddam was actually captured Friday, Dec. 12,
2003, and not the day after, as announced by the U.S. Army.

"I was among the 20-man unit, including eight of Arab descent, who searched
for Saddam for three days in the area of Dour near Tikrit, and we found him
in a modest home in a small village and not in a hole as announced," Abou
Rabeh said.

"We captured him after fierce resistance during which a Marine of Sudanese
origin was killed," he said.

He said Saddam himself fired at them with a gun from the window of a room on
the second floor. Then they shouted at him in Arabic: "You have to
surrender. ... There is no point in resisting."

"Later on, a military production team fabricated the film of Saddam's
capture in a hole, which was in fact a deserted well," Abou Rabeh said.

Abou Rabeh was interviewed in Lebanon.

Copyright © 2005. United Press International, Inc.

##