[Marxism] More conspiracy theories: Europeans Investigate CIARole in Abductions PART 1

double bluff mullah_omar at email.it
Mon Mar 14 02:10:28 MST 2005

Conspiracists sees plots where are only coincidences. In Italy we call
them "dietrologi", which means something like "behindologists", for
their tendency to look who gains from some -usually disastrous and/or
illegal- fact, following the old latin question: "cui prodest?". Not
surprisingly, after being ridiculed by every political faction, in many
cases their deductions are proved quite correct many years later.
I would expect that marxists are aware of the importance of 9/11 for
real capitalism and imperialism, and I don't think it is the case that I
elaborate on this quite obvious key point. Moreover, from a historical
perspective, you remember at least two other instances when a US
government simulated to be attacked in order to wage a war: do you
remember the Maine? and the gulf of Tonkin?

Here is a politically correct -and very funny- way to see the details of
9/11:

http://rigorousintuition.blogspot.com/2004/08/coincidence-theorists-guide-to-911.html

Sunday, August 15, 2004
The Coincidence Theorist's Guide to 9/11
I posted an earlier version of this last week at Democratic Underground.
I've added a number of more entries, and links for all.

Happy coincidenting!

That governments have permitted terrorist acts against their own people,
and have even themselves been perpetrators in order to find strategic
advantage is quite likely true, but this is the United States we're
talking about.

That intelligence agencies, financiers, terrorists and narco-criminals
have a long history together is well established, but the Nugan Hand
Bank, BCCI, Banco Ambrosiano, the P2 Lodge, the CIA/Mafia
anti-Castro/Kennedy alliance, Iran/Contra and the rest were a long time
ago, so there’s no need to rehash all that. That was then, this is now!

That Jonathan Bush’s Riggs Bank has been found guilty of laundering
terrorist funds and fined a US-record $25 million must embarrass his
nephew George, but it's still no justification for leaping to paranoid
conclusions.

That George Bush's brother Marvin sat on the board of the Kuwaiti-owned
company which provided electronic security to the World Trade Centre,
Dulles Airport and United Airlines means nothing more than you must
admit those Bush boys have done alright for themselves.

That George Bush found success as a businessman only after the
investment of Osama’s brother Salem and reputed al Qaeda financier
Khalid bin Mahfouz is just one of those things - one of those crazy things.

That Osama bin Laden is known to have been an asset of US foreign policy
in no way implies he still is.

That al Qaeda was active in the Balkan conflict, fighting on the same
side as the US as recently as 1999, while the US protected its cells, is
merely one of history's little aberrations.

The claims of Michael Springman, State Department veteran of the Jeddah
visa bureau, that the CIA ran the office and issued visas to al Qaeda
members so they could receive training in the United States, sound like
the sour grapes of someone who was fired for making such wild accusations.

That one of George Bush's first acts as President, in January 2001, was
to end the two-year deployment of attack submarines which were
positioned within striking distance of al Qaeda's Afghanistan camps,
even as the group's guilt for the Cole bombing was established, proves
that a transition from one administration to the next is never an easy
task.

That so many influential figures in and close to the Bush White House
had expressed, just a year before the attacks, the need for a "new Pearl
Harbor" before their militarist ambitions could be fulfilled,
demonstrates nothing more than the accidental virtue of being in the
right place at the right time.

That the company PTECH, founded by a Saudi financier placed on America’s
Terrorist Watch List in October 2001, had access to the FAA’s entire
computer system for two years before the 9/11 attack, means he must not
have been such a threat after all.

That whistleblower Indira Singh was told to keep her mouth shut and
forget what she learned when she took her concerns about PTECH to her
employers and federal authorities, suggests she lacked the big picture.
And that the Chief Auditor for JP Morgan Chase told Singh repeatedly, as
she answered questions about who supplied her with what information,
that "that person should be killed," suggests he should take an anger
management seminar.

That on May 8, 2001, Dick Cheney took upon himself the job of
co-ordinating a response to domestic terror attacks even as he was
crafting the administration’s energy policy which bore implications for
America's military, circumventing the established infrastructure and
ignoring the recommendations of the Hart-Rudman report, merely shows the
VP to be someone who finds it hard to delegate.

That the standing order which covered the shooting down of hijacked
aircraft was altered on June 1, 2001, taking discretion away from field
commanders and placing it solely in the hands of the Secretary of
Defense, is simply poor planning and unfortunate timing. Fortunately the
error has been corrected, as the order was rescinded shortly after 9/11.

That in the weeks before 9/11, FBI agent Colleen Rowley found her
investigation of Zacarias Moussaoui so perversely thwarted that her
colleagues joked that bin Laden had a mole at the FBI, proves the
stress-relieving virtue of humour in the workplace.

That Dave Frasca of the FBI’s Radical Fundamentalist Unit received a
promotion after quashing multiple, urgent requests for investigations
into al Qaeda assets training at flight schools in the summer of 2001
does appear on the surface odd, but undoubtedly there's a good reason
for it, quite possibly classified.

That FBI informant Randy Glass, working an undercover sting, was told by
Pakistani intelligence operatives that the World Trade Center towers
were coming down, and that his repeated warnings which continued until
weeks before the attacks, including the mention of planes used as
weapons, were ignored by federal authorities, is simply one of the many
"What Ifs" of that tragic day.

That over the summer of 2001 Washington received many urgent,
senior-level warnings from foreign intelligence agencies and governments
- including those of Germany, France, Great Britain, Russia, Egypt,
Israel, Morocco, Afghanistan and others - of impending terror attacks
using hijacked aircraft and did nothing, demonstrates the pressing need
for a new Intelligence Czar.

That John Ashcroft stopped flying commercial aircraft in July 2001 on
account of security considerations had nothing to do with warnings
regarding September 11, because he said so to the 9/11 Commission.

That former lead counsel for the House David Schippers says he’d taken
to John Ashcroft’s office specific warnings he’d learned from FBI agents
in New York of an impending attack – even naming the proposed dates,
names of the hijackers and the targets – and that the investigations had
been stymied and the agents threatened, proves nothing but David
Schipper’s pathetic need for attention.

That Garth Nicolson received two warnings from contacts in the
intelligence community and one from a North African head of state, which
included specific site, date and source of the attacks, and passed the
information to the Defense Department and the National Security Council
to evidently no effect, clearly amounts to nothing, since virtually
nobody has ever heard of him.

That in the months prior to September 11, self-described US intelligence
operative Delmart Vreeland sought, from a Toronto jail cell, to get US
and Canadian authorities to heed his warning of his accidental discovery
of impending catastrophic attacks is worthless, since Vreeland was a
dubious character, notwithstanding the fact that many of his claims have
since been proven true.

That FBI Special Investigator Robert Wright claims that agents assigned
to intelligence operations actually protect terrorists from
investigation and prosecution, that the FBI shut down his probe into
terrorist training camps, and that he was removed from a
money-laundering case that had a direct link to terrorism, sounds like
yet more sour grapes from a disgruntled employee.

That George Bush had plans to invade Afghanistan on his desk before 9/11
demonstrates only the value of being prepared.

The suggestion that securing a pipeline across Afghanistan figured into
the White House’s calculations is as ludicrous as the assertion that oil
played a part in determining war in Iraq.

That Afghanistan is once again the world’s principal heroin producer is
an unfortunate reality, but to claim the CIA is still actively involved
in the narcotics trade is to presume bad faith on the part of the agency.

Mahmood Ahmed, chief of Pakistan’s ISI, must not have authorized an al
Qaeda payment of $100,000 to Mohammed Atta days before the attacks, and
was not meeting with senior Washington officials over the week of 9/11,
because I didn’t read anything about him in the official report.

That Porter Goss met with Ahmed the morning of September 11 in his
capacity as Chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on
Intelligence has no bearing whatsoever upon his recent selection by the
White House to head the Central Intelligence Agency.

That Goss's congressional seat encompasses the 9/11 hijackers' Florida
base of operation, including their flight schools, is precisely the kind
of meaningless factoid a conspiracy theorist would bring up.

It's true that George HW Bush and Dick Cheney spent the evening of
September 10 alone in the Oval Office, but what's wrong with old
colleagues catching up? And it's true that George HW Bush and Shafig bin
Laden, Osama's brother, spent the morning of September 11 together at a
board meeting of the Carlyle Group, but the bin Ladens are a big family.

That FEMA arrived in New York on Sept 10 to prepare for a scheduled
biowarfare drill, and had a triage centre ready to go that was larger
and better equipped than the one that was lost in the collapse of WTC 7,
was a lucky twist of fate.

Newsweek’s report that senior Pentagon officials cancelled flights on
Sept 10 for the following day on account of security concerns is only
newsworthy because of what happened the following morning.

That George Bush's telephone logs for September 11 do not exist should
surprise no one, given the confusion of the day.

That Mohamed Atta attended the International Officer's School at Maxwell
Air Force Base, that Abdulaziz Alomari attended Brooks Air Force Base
Aerospace Medical School, that Saeed Alghamdi attended the Defense
Language Institute in Monterey merely shows it is a small world, after all.

(snip)