[Marxism] Re: [PEN-L] More Godel

Rod Holt rholt at planeteria.net
Fri Mar 18 12:30:13 MST 2005

A short note. Gödel proved what is called "The Completeness Theorem."
Kleene independently proved it also. (See his book, "Introduction to
Metamathematics") What system was it he proved complete? The Predicate
Calculus, which as we all know, is a much stronger system than number
theory; i.e., number theory can be embedded in the Predicate Calculus.
Gödel went further than this by developing what is now known as
Gödel-Zermelo set theory in his paper on the consistency of the Axiom of
Choice. I mentioned this briefly in 4\29\04 & 5\13\04.
       --rod